- Oscar Pistorius SentencedPosted 3 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: How A Tablet Computer Can HarmPosted 3 hours ago
- Fashion Designer Oscar de la Renta DiesPosted 3 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Alzheimer’s Gene
More hope for those battling and at risk of Alzheimer’s Disease: Targeted hormone therapy may be a key treatment.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new study suggests hormone therapy can help stave off Alzheimer’s. Harvard researchers say they’ve found a gene that is a critical link to the disease.
In the study, women who carried the gene showed signs of more rapidly aging cells than women who didn’t have it. Individuals can be tested for the gene, called APOEE4. Scientists hope hormone replacement therapy will reduce cellular aging and the risk of dementia.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.