- AFMW: Keith Getty of Famed Hymn Writers "The Gettys"Posted 4 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Dads Pull Out Surprise Dubstep Dance For ChristmasPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: The Harlem GlobetrottersPosted 1 day ago
- A Grimm Outlook For A New York CongressmanPosted 2 days ago
- Legal Lis: ’tis the season to avoid getting sued!Posted 2 days ago
- AFMW: Michael W. Smith, “Michael W. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas” [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- Bullet Points: The Carol of the Bells with GunsPosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Pastor Louie GiglioPosted 3 days ago
- Who Owns The North Pole?Posted 3 days ago
- A Connecticut Gun Factory To Become National ParkPosted 4 days ago
Bionic Eye Approved in U.S.
Have scientists finally created an artificial eye? A newly approved bionic eye could be the key to vision for some.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
A bionic eye, giving limited vision to people who are blind, has been approved for the first time in the U.S.
It’s an artificial retina. It cannot restore sight completely, but it can improve vision. With it, people with certain types of blindness, can detect crosswalks on the street, the presence of people or cars, and sometimes even over-sized numbers or letters.
It involves surgically implanting electrodes in the eye. Glasses are needed with an attached camera and a portable video processor. The hardware and the software allow visual signals to bypass damage in the retina and be transmitted directly to the brain.
Bill Vitka, Fox News Radio.