- Damage Control In Indiana Over Religious Freedom Law [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Ranking The Most Congested Cities WorldwidePosted 10 hours ago
- So Long Soda?Posted 11 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Bionic Eye Approved in U.S.
Have scientists finally created an artificial eye? A newly approved bionic eye could be the key to vision for some.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
A bionic eye, giving limited vision to people who are blind, has been approved for the first time in the U.S.
It’s an artificial retina. It cannot restore sight completely, but it can improve vision. With it, people with certain types of blindness, can detect crosswalks on the street, the presence of people or cars, and sometimes even over-sized numbers or letters.
It involves surgically implanting electrodes in the eye. Glasses are needed with an attached camera and a portable video processor. The hardware and the software allow visual signals to bypass damage in the retina and be transmitted directly to the brain.
Bill Vitka, Fox News Radio.