- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
American, US Airways Announce Merger
US Airways was once rescued out of bankruptcy in a merger. Now it’s going to fly American out of its financial trouble, creating the world’s biggest airline.
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso reports:
American Airlines and US Airways say they’ve agreed to an $11 billion, merger making the combined carrier the biggest in the world.
US Airways pushed for the deal when American Airline’s parent company AMR filed for bankruptcy in 2011.
A bankruptcy judge still needs to sign off on the merger that both carriers say will save them $1 billion per year.
If approved, the combined airline will be run by US Airways CEO Doug Parker but keep the name American.
Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.