- AFMW: Olympic Wrestler Mark SchultzPosted 1 day ago
- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 2 days ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Obama Calls for Bipartisan Solutions in State of the Union [VIDEO]
President Obama delivered his first State of the Union of his second term on Tuesday. The address focused on policies foreign and domestic, from the war in Afghanistan to the nation’s deficit and economy, from immigration to energy and gun control.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz and Rich Johnson report from Washington:
I’m Mike Majchrowitz on Capitol Hill. The President called for budget compromise, but said there are limits.
(Obama) “Our government shouldn’t make promises we cannot keep, but we must keep the promises we’ve already made.”
He called for more tax increases and raising the minimum wage. On climate change…
(Obama) “If Congress won’t act soon to protect future generations, I will.”
The President announced half of U.S. combat troops in Afghanistan will be out by year’s end.
(Obama) “And by the end of next year, our war in Afghanistan will be over.”
And the President urged Congress to at least allow a vote on gun control.
Republicans say the President’s solution to everything is to tax more, spend more and borrow more. Florida Senator Marco Rubio’s calling for a change of that attitude.
(Rubio) “I hope the President will abandon his obsession with raising taxes, and instead, work with us to achieve real growth in our economy.”
Rubio says President Obama believes the free enterprise system is the cause of our problems.
In Washington, Rich Johnson, FOX News Radio.
LISTEN to President Obama discussing the current state of the United States:
The prospect of automatic spending cuts, known as the sequester, face Congress in the coming weeks, which President Obama called on Congress to avoid, while still lowering the deficit.
LISTEN to President Obama discuss Medicare reform, spending cuts and deficit reduction:
Two themes of the President’s address were bipartisanship and investment, noting every dollar spent on things like energy and education save money in the future.
LISTEN to President Obama discuss climate change and clean energy:
LISTEN to President Obama discuss education:
WATCH some of the President’s speech:
Two other programs that took the spotlight during the speech included immigration reform – which has a bipartisan plan under consideration in Congress – and gun control, a highly divisive topic.
LISTEN to President Obama discuss immigration:
LISTEN to President Obama discuss gun control:
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio delivered the Republican Response to the State of the Union, delivering the GOP’s counterpoints to the President’s plans.
LISTEN to some of Senator Marco Rubio’s response:
WATCH Senator Marco Rubio’s response: