- Securing America: U.S. Response to James Foley’s Murder [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Is Ryan Considering A Presidential Run?Posted 3 hours ago
- Holder Visits Ferguson, Protests Continue [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- President Obama Speaks On Death Of U.S. Journalist James FoleyPosted 21 hours ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Major Companies Announce Salt Cutbacks
In the battle to improve the healthy quality of food, the Big Apple’s mayor has picked up a major victory.
FOX News Radio’s Kerin McCue has details from New York City:
In his quest to get New Yorkers – and the rest of us – to eat healthier, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has announced that 21 companies, such as Kraft, Heinz and Butterball, have reduced the amount of salt in pre-packaged foods – where most of our salt intake comes from.
(Bloomberg) “These companies have a huge presence on our shelves and in our diets. The products they’re making healthier are some of America’s most beloved and iconic foods, so the incremental efforts they’ve voluntarily made to reduce salt are going to have a big impact on public health.”
The goal is to cut salt levels in foods by a quarter by next year.
Kerin McCue, FOX News Radio.