- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 10 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 11 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 13 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 1 day ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Major Companies Announce Salt Cutbacks
In the battle to improve the healthy quality of food, the Big Apple’s mayor has picked up a major victory.
FOX News Radio’s Kerin McCue has details from New York City:
In his quest to get New Yorkers – and the rest of us – to eat healthier, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has announced that 21 companies, such as Kraft, Heinz and Butterball, have reduced the amount of salt in pre-packaged foods – where most of our salt intake comes from.
(Bloomberg) “These companies have a huge presence on our shelves and in our diets. The products they’re making healthier are some of America’s most beloved and iconic foods, so the incremental efforts they’ve voluntarily made to reduce salt are going to have a big impact on public health.”
The goal is to cut salt levels in foods by a quarter by next year.
Kerin McCue, FOX News Radio.