- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 20 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Major Companies Announce Salt Cutbacks
In the battle to improve the healthy quality of food, the Big Apple’s mayor has picked up a major victory.
FOX News Radio’s Kerin McCue has details from New York City:
In his quest to get New Yorkers – and the rest of us – to eat healthier, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has announced that 21 companies, such as Kraft, Heinz and Butterball, have reduced the amount of salt in pre-packaged foods – where most of our salt intake comes from.
(Bloomberg) “These companies have a huge presence on our shelves and in our diets. The products they’re making healthier are some of America’s most beloved and iconic foods, so the incremental efforts they’ve voluntarily made to reduce salt are going to have a big impact on public health.”
The goal is to cut salt levels in foods by a quarter by next year.
Kerin McCue, FOX News Radio.