- Bullet Points: Boston Top Cop Evans – Residents Don’t Need To Own Shotguns / RiflesPosted 2 hours ago
- Hired! Office Body LanguagePosted 3 hours ago
- Border Disorder: A Plan From House RepublicansPosted 21 hours ago
- AEHQ: FOX Poll: Midterm Election InterestPosted 1 day ago
- Housecall for Health: Fist Bump For HealthPosted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
CDC: Teen Birth Rates Hit Historic Lows
The birth rate for teen mothers has dropped to a historic low.
FOX News Radio’s Pat O’Neill reports:
Fewer teenage girls are moms. The Centers for Disease Control says the birth rate dropped 8% in 2011 from the year before for girls aged 15-19, down to a record low.
(Dr. Rome) “We attribute most of this decline to the trend towards better contraception and family planning counseling.”
…Dr. Ellen Rome is a pediatrician at the Cleveland Clinic’s Children’s Hospital. The rate’s now half what it was in 1991, the peak in the Centers for Disease Control’s annual reports. Fewer babies were born to mother in the 20′s, but more older women are having children – the birth rate rose for those 35-44.
Pat O’Neill, FOX News Radio.