- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 8 hours ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 11 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 11 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 11 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 15 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 16 hours ago
CDC: Teen Birth Rates Hit Historic Lows
The birth rate for teen mothers has dropped to a historic low.
FOX News Radio’s Pat O’Neill reports:
Fewer teenage girls are moms. The Centers for Disease Control says the birth rate dropped 8% in 2011 from the year before for girls aged 15-19, down to a record low.
(Dr. Rome) “We attribute most of this decline to the trend towards better contraception and family planning counseling.”
…Dr. Ellen Rome is a pediatrician at the Cleveland Clinic’s Children’s Hospital. The rate’s now half what it was in 1991, the peak in the Centers for Disease Control’s annual reports. Fewer babies were born to mother in the 20′s, but more older women are having children – the birth rate rose for those 35-44.
Pat O’Neill, FOX News Radio.