- Could A Traffic App Be A Danger To Police?Posted 17 hours ago
- Stresses of Social MediaPosted 22 hours ago
- NASA Goes Commercial?Posted 23 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
CDC: Teen Birth Rates Hit Historic Lows
The birth rate for teen mothers has dropped to a historic low.
FOX News Radio’s Pat O’Neill reports:
Fewer teenage girls are moms. The Centers for Disease Control says the birth rate dropped 8% in 2011 from the year before for girls aged 15-19, down to a record low.
(Dr. Rome) “We attribute most of this decline to the trend towards better contraception and family planning counseling.”
…Dr. Ellen Rome is a pediatrician at the Cleveland Clinic’s Children’s Hospital. The rate’s now half what it was in 1991, the peak in the Centers for Disease Control’s annual reports. Fewer babies were born to mother in the 20’s, but more older women are having children – the birth rate rose for those 35-44.
Pat O’Neill, FOX News Radio.