- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 23 hours ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 23 hours ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 23 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 8 months ago
Cruise Ship Accident Kills 5
An accident during a cruise ship safety drill has left five people dead and postponed Carnival celebrations in one popular port.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the story:
The five men, all crewmen on the Thomson Majesty, were killed when a lifeboat fell more than 60 feet off the side of the ship, landing upside down in the waters below.
(Sound of helicopter over the scene)
Hours after the accident, helicopters continued to fly overhead as part of the investigation. The accident happened during a stop in Spain’s Canary Islands, where Carnival celebrations were postponed on Sunday. Three more crewmen were injured, but none of the 1400 or so passengers aboard were injured.
Crew lifeboat drills like this are common during port calls. The Thomson Majesty was christened in 1992 and sailed 12 years for Norwegian Cruise Lines.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.