- FOX In The Fast Lane: The Chase ContinuesPosted 4 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 6 hours ago
- FOX Country: Dustin Lynch Snags First No. 1 On BillboardPosted 7 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Cruise Ship Accident Kills 5
An accident during a cruise ship safety drill has left five people dead and postponed Carnival celebrations in one popular port.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the story:
The five men, all crewmen on the Thomson Majesty, were killed when a lifeboat fell more than 60 feet off the side of the ship, landing upside down in the waters below.
(Sound of helicopter over the scene)
Hours after the accident, helicopters continued to fly overhead as part of the investigation. The accident happened during a stop in Spain’s Canary Islands, where Carnival celebrations were postponed on Sunday. Three more crewmen were injured, but none of the 1400 or so passengers aboard were injured.
Crew lifeboat drills like this are common during port calls. The Thomson Majesty was christened in 1992 and sailed 12 years for Norwegian Cruise Lines.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.