- Cover-Up Allegations Haunt Benghazi Committee HearingPosted 3 hours ago
- Vikings Ban Adrian Peterson Amid Child Abuse Case [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 5 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Enzyme Could Be Key To Breast Cancer
Researchers think they have made a promising break in cancer research: an enzyme could be behind breast cancer mutations.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
A counter-punch in the fight against breast cancer:
(Dr. Harris) “We know mutation causes cancer.”
And what they’ve discovered is a major source of that mutation in breasts, an enzyme:
(Dr. Harris) “Prior to this we just assumed they were spontaneous events that we couldn’t control.”
Dr. Reuben Harris at the University of Minnesota says their research changes that:
(Dr. Harris) “Now that we have identified this source and we can think about ways of turning it down I think that’ll happen rather quickly.”
The hope is, a blood test could spot breast cancer well before a mammogram and maybe a drug could stop the enzyme from causing the mutations into tumors.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.