- A Trip To Clown School Ahead of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Fox & Food: Deep-Fried TurkeyPosted 1 day ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 3 days ago
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Season Wrap UpPosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Enzyme Could Be Key To Breast Cancer
Researchers think they have made a promising break in cancer research: an enzyme could be behind breast cancer mutations.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
A counter-punch in the fight against breast cancer:
(Dr. Harris) “We know mutation causes cancer.”
And what they’ve discovered is a major source of that mutation in breasts, an enzyme:
(Dr. Harris) “Prior to this we just assumed they were spontaneous events that we couldn’t control.”
Dr. Reuben Harris at the University of Minnesota says their research changes that:
(Dr. Harris) “Now that we have identified this source and we can think about ways of turning it down I think that’ll happen rather quickly.”
The hope is, a blood test could spot breast cancer well before a mammogram and maybe a drug could stop the enzyme from causing the mutations into tumors.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.