- Which Country Singer Reportedly Lands Acting Gig In New Adam Sandler Movie?Posted 53 mins ago
- Hillary: “You Won’t Get Me To Talk About Keystone”Posted 23 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Seattle Seahawks Attempting to Trademark The Number 12, The Word ‘Boom’ And MorePosted 24 hours ago
- Fast-Food Restaurant Fuels Frenzy On Vegas StripPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Enzyme Could Be Key To Breast Cancer
Researchers think they have made a promising break in cancer research: an enzyme could be behind breast cancer mutations.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
A counter-punch in the fight against breast cancer:
(Dr. Harris) “We know mutation causes cancer.”
And what they’ve discovered is a major source of that mutation in breasts, an enzyme:
(Dr. Harris) “Prior to this we just assumed they were spontaneous events that we couldn’t control.”
Dr. Reuben Harris at the University of Minnesota says their research changes that:
(Dr. Harris) “Now that we have identified this source and we can think about ways of turning it down I think that’ll happen rather quickly.”
The hope is, a blood test could spot breast cancer well before a mammogram and maybe a drug could stop the enzyme from causing the mutations into tumors.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.