- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 54 mins ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 20 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 1 day ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Enzyme Could Be Key To Breast Cancer
Researchers think they have made a promising break in cancer research: an enzyme could be behind breast cancer mutations.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
A counter-punch in the fight against breast cancer:
(Dr. Harris) “We know mutation causes cancer.”
And what they’ve discovered is a major source of that mutation in breasts, an enzyme:
(Dr. Harris) “Prior to this we just assumed they were spontaneous events that we couldn’t control.”
Dr. Reuben Harris at the University of Minnesota says their research changes that:
(Dr. Harris) “Now that we have identified this source and we can think about ways of turning it down I think that’ll happen rather quickly.”
The hope is, a blood test could spot breast cancer well before a mammogram and maybe a drug could stop the enzyme from causing the mutations into tumors.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.