- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 2 days ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 3 days ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Vaccine-Resistant Whooping Cough Arrives in US
The first cases of a vaccine-resistant strain of a potentially deadly childhood illness have been discovered in the United States.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports:
The first cases reported in France, Japan and Finland; Now, St. Christopher’s Children’s Hospital in Philadelphia finding a dozen cases of vaccine-resistant pertussis, better known as whooping cough. The CDC says the nearly 42,000 U.S. cases last year – at least 18 fatal – are the most in six decades, and it’s possible the new strain of the highly contagious disease is the culprit. Researchers in France calling 14% of cases there vaccine-resistant.
A new version of the vaccine, which was first introduced in the 1940’s, doesn’t last as long as the original and may also account for the increase in cases.
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.