- AFMW: Country Music’s Pete Scobell Talks About His Tribute to Chris KylePosted 8 hours ago
- Jury Deadlocks: No Death Sentence For Jodi Arias [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton Asks To Make Her Emails Public [VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Vaccine-Resistant Whooping Cough Arrives in US
The first cases of a vaccine-resistant strain of a potentially deadly childhood illness have been discovered in the United States.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports:
The first cases reported in France, Japan and Finland; Now, St. Christopher’s Children’s Hospital in Philadelphia finding a dozen cases of vaccine-resistant pertussis, better known as whooping cough. The CDC says the nearly 42,000 U.S. cases last year – at least 18 fatal – are the most in six decades, and it’s possible the new strain of the highly contagious disease is the culprit. Researchers in France calling 14% of cases there vaccine-resistant.
A new version of the vaccine, which was first introduced in the 1940’s, doesn’t last as long as the original and may also account for the increase in cases.
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.