- Malaysia Airlines Mystery: Stolen Passports Eyed In Missing Plane Investigation [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- The U.S. Supreme Court Rejects ‘I Heart Boobies’ AppealPosted 14 hours ago
- Skydiver vs Plane [PHOTOS / VIDEO]Posted 15 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 5 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Vaccine-Resistant Whooping Cough Arrives in US
The first cases of a vaccine-resistant strain of a potentially deadly childhood illness have been discovered in the United States.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports:
The first cases reported in France, Japan and Finland; Now, St. Christopher’s Children’s Hospital in Philadelphia finding a dozen cases of vaccine-resistant pertussis, better known as whooping cough. The CDC says the nearly 42,000 U.S. cases last year – at least 18 fatal – are the most in six decades, and it’s possible the new strain of the highly contagious disease is the culprit. Researchers in France calling 14% of cases there vaccine-resistant.
A new version of the vaccine, which was first introduced in the 1940′s, doesn’t last as long as the original and may also account for the increase in cases.
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.