- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 9 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 1 day ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 4 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Study: Alzheimer’s Rates to Triple
A new study warns of a dramatic future spike in the number of Americans battling Alzheimer’s Disease.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the details:
Over the next few decades, the Alzheimer’s rate is expected to triple to nearly 14 million Americans. Geriatrician Dr. Ronan Factora says it’s all about demographics.
(Dr. Factora) “These are the Baby Boomers. They’re getting older and they’re gonna have these conditions.”
The number of Americans 65 and older is forecast to more than double between now and 2050. More importantly, the 85+ age group – the most at risk of Alzheimer’s – is expected to quadruple in that time. Factora says keeping your mind young can help.
(Dr. Factora) “If you want to spend some alone time, that’s fine. But don’t make that dominate your life.”
The study, by Rush University, appears in the journal “Neurology.”
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.