- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 16 hours ago
- California Governor Orders Mandatory Water ReductionsPosted 16 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 22 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Study: Alzheimer’s Rates to Triple
A new study warns of a dramatic future spike in the number of Americans battling Alzheimer’s Disease.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the details:
Over the next few decades, the Alzheimer’s rate is expected to triple to nearly 14 million Americans. Geriatrician Dr. Ronan Factora says it’s all about demographics.
(Dr. Factora) “These are the Baby Boomers. They’re getting older and they’re gonna have these conditions.”
The number of Americans 65 and older is forecast to more than double between now and 2050. More importantly, the 85+ age group – the most at risk of Alzheimer’s – is expected to quadruple in that time. Factora says keeping your mind young can help.
(Dr. Factora) “If you want to spend some alone time, that’s fine. But don’t make that dominate your life.”
The study, by Rush University, appears in the journal “Neurology.”
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.