- Air Bag Recall Expands To 7.8 Million VehiclesPosted 8 hours ago
- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 13 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Study: Alzheimer’s Rates to Triple
A new study warns of a dramatic future spike in the number of Americans battling Alzheimer’s Disease.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the details:
Over the next few decades, the Alzheimer’s rate is expected to triple to nearly 14 million Americans. Geriatrician Dr. Ronan Factora says it’s all about demographics.
(Dr. Factora) “These are the Baby Boomers. They’re getting older and they’re gonna have these conditions.”
The number of Americans 65 and older is forecast to more than double between now and 2050. More importantly, the 85+ age group – the most at risk of Alzheimer’s – is expected to quadruple in that time. Factora says keeping your mind young can help.
(Dr. Factora) “If you want to spend some alone time, that’s fine. But don’t make that dominate your life.”
The study, by Rush University, appears in the journal “Neurology.”
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.