- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 1 day ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 3 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 3 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 4 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Obama Pushes Short Term Budget Package [VIDEO]
President Obama says it’s time to deal with the automatic sequester spending cuts with a small deal if a big deal isn’t ready yet.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
After recently predicting the sequester would never happen, President Obama now appears concerned it might after all. $85 billion in automatic cuts are set to hit the Pentagon and domestic programs March 1st. The President says Congress may not have an agreement to avoid them by then.
(Obama) “They should at least pass a smaller package of spending cuts and tax reforms that would delay the economically damaging effects of the sequester for a few more months.”
Republicans say it was the President that demanded the sequester in the first place. They say what’s needed now is not new tax revenue but spending cuts.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
WATCH President Obama speak on a short term budget package: