- Bodies of Seven Women Found In IndianaPosted 18 hours ago
- New Ebola Guidelines for HospitalsPosted 22 hours ago
- AFMW: Artist, Author & Speaker Joni Eareckson TadaPosted 22 hours ago
- FOX Wheels: Teen DrivingPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Obama Pushes Short Term Budget Package [VIDEO]
President Obama says it’s time to deal with the automatic sequester spending cuts with a small deal if a big deal isn’t ready yet.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
After recently predicting the sequester would never happen, President Obama now appears concerned it might after all. $85 billion in automatic cuts are set to hit the Pentagon and domestic programs March 1st. The President says Congress may not have an agreement to avoid them by then.
(Obama) “They should at least pass a smaller package of spending cuts and tax reforms that would delay the economically damaging effects of the sequester for a few more months.”
Republicans say it was the President that demanded the sequester in the first place. They say what’s needed now is not new tax revenue but spending cuts.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
WATCH President Obama speak on a short term budget package: