- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 16 hours ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 1 day ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
CBO: Budget Deficit Drops Below $1 Trillion
With the automatic spending cuts of sequestration still listed in current law, the latest report on the Federal deficit shows a decline in the Federal budget deficit.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has details from Washington:
For the first time in President Obama’s tenure, the annual deficit will fall below $1 trillion. The Congressional Budget Office projects this year’s budget shortfall will run $845 billion.
(Elmendorf) “Our projections, based on current laws, show deficits continuing to fall over the next few years.”
CBO Director Douglas Elmendorf, citing an expanding economy and changes in tax law for increased revenue. But as more and more Baby Boomers retire, Medicare and Social Security spending will increase, sending deficits higher towards the end of the decade.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.