- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 1 day ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 2 days ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
CO Catholic Church Calls ‘Fetus Isn’t Human’ Argument A Mistake
The role of religion in health care is in the spotlight recently, but a Catholic hospital is now acknowledging they made some legal arguments that run afoul of religious teachings.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the story:
In a move to get a wrongful death lawsuit dismissed, lawyers for St. Thomas More Medical Center in Canon City, Colorado argued – contrary to church doctrine – that a fetus is not a human. The hospital’s operator, Catholic Healthcare Initiatives, and the Archdiocese of Denver say they were unaware of the lawyers’ filings.
(Flynn) “It’s morally wrong for a Catholic institution to make recourse to an unjust law.”
Archdiocese Chancellor J.D. Flynn says the case was dismissed and that argument will not be used in appeals.
(Flynn) “Catholic Health Initiatives has pledged that they will not make recourse to a law which fails to protect the rights of the unborn in any future legal proceeds.”
CHI and the Archdiocese say a lack of evidence that medical error was responsible for the deaths should be enough to win the case.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.