- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 12 hours ago
- California Governor Orders Mandatory Water ReductionsPosted 12 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 18 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Officials Trying To Figure Out IA Lotto Mystery
It’s a case of who doesn’t want to be a millionaire: A long-running, head-scratching mystery surrounding a multi-million dollar lotto jackpot, that’s now a criminal investigation.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the story:
When Iowa lotto officials pulled some winning numbers in 2010, they didn’t know it would be the start of a made-for-TV drama.
(Neubauer) “With just a couple hours to go before that prize would have expired, some folks turned up with the winning ticket.”
Lawyers from New York, representing a blind trust based in Belize. But:
(Neubauer) “No one could tell us where the ticket had been. No one could tell us who purchased the ticket.”
And then, something they’ve never seen before.
(Neubauer) “The folks who turned in the winning ticket walked away from the prize, and said that they didn’t want the money.”
$14.3 million in prize money, according to Iowa Lottery spokeswoman Mary Neubauer. The Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation now reviewing phone and email records, trying to figure out who’s behind it.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.