- Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying On Congress’ Computer NetworkPosted 3 hours ago
- AFMW: Jim DeMint: ‘Falling In Love With America Again’Posted 5 hours ago
- House Cat Attacks! Owner Calls 911Posted 6 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 5 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Iowa: Some Illegal Immigrants Will Get Licenses
Certain illegal immigrants will soon be able to driver legally in Iowa after some clarification from the Federal government.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady explains:
It’s an issue arising from the so-called DREAM Act: illegal immigrants who were brought to the U.S. as children can stay, under renewable two-year reprieves from deportation, as long as they meet certain requirements. But officials in Iowa had argued the new Federal rule did not give the state legal authority to issue a license to drive to a DREAM Act immigrant.
In a recent clarification, the Obama Administration says those immigrants are considered authorized residents, so Iowa’s Transportation Department is reversing itself and will allow the licenses and non-operator ID cards.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.