- US Seeks To Normalize Relations With CubaPosted 8 hours ago
- American Alan Gross Released From Cuba After 5 Years In Prison [VIDEO]Posted 12 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Pistol Packin’ Wait Staff?Posted 15 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 16 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Iowa: Some Illegal Immigrants Will Get Licenses
Certain illegal immigrants will soon be able to driver legally in Iowa after some clarification from the Federal government.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady explains:
It’s an issue arising from the so-called DREAM Act: illegal immigrants who were brought to the U.S. as children can stay, under renewable two-year reprieves from deportation, as long as they meet certain requirements. But officials in Iowa had argued the new Federal rule did not give the state legal authority to issue a license to drive to a DREAM Act immigrant.
In a recent clarification, the Obama Administration says those immigrants are considered authorized residents, so Iowa’s Transportation Department is reversing itself and will allow the licenses and non-operator ID cards.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.