- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu Addresses Congress [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton’s State Department Email Habits Under FirePosted 5 hours ago
- AFMW: Frankie Ballard, Country Music Singer / SongwriterPosted 5 hours ago
- Tension In D.C. Over Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Speech [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Preventing Peanut AllergiesPosted 9 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
CDC: New Norovirus Making Flu Season Seem Worse
Does it seem like the flu season is hitting really hard this year? A lot of it isn’t flu at all, but outbreaks of a virus that has arrived in the U.S. after a trip around the globe.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig explains:
A new strain of norovirus is causing hundreds of outbreaks in the U.S. Norovirus is commonly called the stomach flu, though it’s not really the flu at all and is actually the #1 cause of food poisoning.
(Dr. Vinje) “Norovirus causes more food-borne infections than all Salmonella, e-coli together.”
Dr. Jan Vinje with the Centers for Disease Control says that’s because it takes just a few particles to make someone sick and they’re harder to kill. In fact, the CDC says hand sanitizer alone will not cut it.
(Dr. Vinje) “Washing with soap and water, that’s what we recommend. As an add-on, then sanitizer can be used.”
Dr. Vinje says some sanitizers can work, but they’re hit-or-miss.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.