- Air Bag Recall Expands To 7.8 Million VehiclesPosted 8 hours ago
- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 12 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
House Clears Path to Debt Ceiling Vote [VIDEO]
Should Congress get a paycheck if there’s no budget agreement? House Republicans don’t think so, and plan to put it to a vote on Wednesday.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has the latest from Capitol Hill:
House Speaker John Boehner is pledging a spending plan that leads to a balanced budget in 10 years.
(Boehner) “Most Americans believe you don’t do your job, you shouldn’t get paid.”
That’s the idea of “No Budget, No Pay,” putting lawmakers paychecks in escrow if there’s no budget resolution. Republicans are tying it to a three-month debt limit extension.
(McGovern) “I’m tired of government governing by gimmicks.”
Massachusetts Democrat Jim McGovern argues the debt limit shouldn’t be politicized. The White House, however, says the President will not oppose the short-term extension.
On Capitol Hill, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the House debt ceiling vote: