- Securing America: U.S. Response to James Foley’s Murder [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Is Ryan Considering A Presidential Run?Posted 3 hours ago
- Holder Visits Ferguson, Protests Continue [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- President Obama Speaks On Death Of U.S. Journalist James FoleyPosted 21 hours ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
House Clears Path to Debt Ceiling Vote [VIDEO]
Should Congress get a paycheck if there’s no budget agreement? House Republicans don’t think so, and plan to put it to a vote on Wednesday.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has the latest from Capitol Hill:
House Speaker John Boehner is pledging a spending plan that leads to a balanced budget in 10 years.
(Boehner) “Most Americans believe you don’t do your job, you shouldn’t get paid.”
That’s the idea of “No Budget, No Pay,” putting lawmakers paychecks in escrow if there’s no budget resolution. Republicans are tying it to a three-month debt limit extension.
(McGovern) “I’m tired of government governing by gimmicks.”
Massachusetts Democrat Jim McGovern argues the debt limit shouldn’t be politicized. The White House, however, says the President will not oppose the short-term extension.
On Capitol Hill, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the House debt ceiling vote: