- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 2 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 2 hours ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 3 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Some Migraines Linked to Heart Risks
If you suffer from a particular type of migraine, you may be at a greater risk for heart disease according to new research presented at the American Academy of Neurology’s annual meeting in San Diego.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
Women who suffer from migraines with aura at greater risk for heart attack and stroke. A migraine with aura is a migraine that comes with, or is preceded by, symptoms such as flashes of light, blind spots or tingling in your hand or face.
Migraines with those symptoms were found to be an accurate predictor of cardiovascular problems.
More accurate than diabetes, smoking, obesity, and family history of early heart disease. Only high blood pressure is a better predictor.
Migraines with aura does not mean a heart attack is ahead. It does mean it needs to be included in your medical history.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.