- “The Interview” — Not Coming To A Theater Near YouPosted 39 mins ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Newtown Families Sue Gun Maker for Sandy Hook MassacrePosted 3 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 day ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Notre Dame Star Victim of Girlfriend Hoax? [VIDEO]
A college football star appears to have been the victim of a hoax involving an online relationship and a fake girlfriend.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick got emotional in his news conference.
(Swarbrick) “Single most trusting human being I’ve ever met, will never be able to trust in the same way again in his life.”
Talking about star linebacker Manti Te’o whom Swarbrick said was duped into thinking he had an online relationship with a girlfriend who died of leukemia in September in a story that gained national attention.
But Swarbrick says she never existed.
(Swarbrick) “Manti is the victim of that hoax, and he will carry that with him for awhile.”
Swarbrick said the perpetrators and motive are unknown and that Te’o’s family discovered the hoax last month.
Te’o is expected to hold a Thursday news conference.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.
WATCH for more on this story: