- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 16 hours ago
- California Governor Orders Mandatory Water ReductionsPosted 16 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 22 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Footlong…Minus 1″? Subway Sub Stirs Controversy
When is a foot just 11″ instead of 12″? When it comes to subs, apparently. Sandwich chain Subway came under social media scrutiny over a popular offering.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
One of the world’s largest fast-food chains taking some social media heat over its vaunted sandwich.
(Subway commercial) “Everyone loves Subway $5 footlongs!”
Which some say occasionally fall short of their advertised length. It started after an Australian man posted a picture on the company’s Facebook page of one of the sandwiches next to a tape measure, seeming to show the sub an inch shy; lookalike pictures popping up elsewhere on Facebook.
Now, a spokesman for Subway saying the length of the sandwiches can vary slightly when the bread is baked at each location, which are not made to the chain’s specifications. But they are urging stores to be more consistent.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.