- A Trip To Clown School Ahead of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Fox & Food: Deep-Fried TurkeyPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 3 days ago
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Season Wrap UpPosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Housecall for Health: Coughing Lasts Longer than Thought
It’s not uncommon to go to the doctor after just a few days with a cough, but a new study finds that a cough lasts longer than first thought and many people are taking the wrong medicine for it.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A week with a cough can seem like forever, but new research says you’ll need to wait longer for it to clear up – as long as 18 days. A study from the University of Georgia Health Science found most patients seek medical care for a cough too soon, and 50% are given antibiotics, even though most coughs are caused by a virus.
Experts say knowing how long a cough should last may reduce unnecessary use of the drugs.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.