- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 19 hours ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 20 hours ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 20 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 4 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Housecall for Health: Coughing Lasts Longer than Thought
It’s not uncommon to go to the doctor after just a few days with a cough, but a new study finds that a cough lasts longer than first thought and many people are taking the wrong medicine for it.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A week with a cough can seem like forever, but new research says you’ll need to wait longer for it to clear up – as long as 18 days. A study from the University of Georgia Health Science found most patients seek medical care for a cough too soon, and 50% are given antibiotics, even though most coughs are caused by a virus.
Experts say knowing how long a cough should last may reduce unnecessary use of the drugs.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.