- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 9 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 10 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 12 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 1 day ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 1 day ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 1 day ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Housecall for Health: Coughing Lasts Longer than Thought
It’s not uncommon to go to the doctor after just a few days with a cough, but a new study finds that a cough lasts longer than first thought and many people are taking the wrong medicine for it.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A week with a cough can seem like forever, but new research says you’ll need to wait longer for it to clear up – as long as 18 days. A study from the University of Georgia Health Science found most patients seek medical care for a cough too soon, and 50% are given antibiotics, even though most coughs are caused by a virus.
Experts say knowing how long a cough should last may reduce unnecessary use of the drugs.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.