- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 19 hours ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 20 hours ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 21 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 4 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
ER Visits Linked To Energy Drinks Skyrocket
Energy drinks are giving some people more than a boost; they are giving some a trip to the ER too.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports:
In a recent four year span, the number of people heading to Emergency Rooms after downing energy drinks has doubled nationwide.
A new government report doesn’t pinpoint the symptoms, but says energy drinks can cause insomnia, headaches, a fast heartbeat and seizures.
Dr. Roland Griffiths with Johns Hopkins University says one of the main ingredients is caffeine.
(Griffiths) “Caffeine is the most widely used mood altering drug in the world.”
From 2007 to 2011, the number of ER visits involving energy drinks shot up from about 10,000 to more than 20,000.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.