- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 4 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 5 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 7 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 1 day ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 1 day ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 1 day ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
ER Visits Linked To Energy Drinks Skyrocket
Energy drinks are giving some people more than a boost; they are giving some a trip to the ER too.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports:
In a recent four year span, the number of people heading to Emergency Rooms after downing energy drinks has doubled nationwide.
A new government report doesn’t pinpoint the symptoms, but says energy drinks can cause insomnia, headaches, a fast heartbeat and seizures.
Dr. Roland Griffiths with Johns Hopkins University says one of the main ingredients is caffeine.
(Griffiths) “Caffeine is the most widely used mood altering drug in the world.”
From 2007 to 2011, the number of ER visits involving energy drinks shot up from about 10,000 to more than 20,000.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.