- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 hour ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 1 day ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 1 day ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
OH Teacher, Scared of Kids, Sues District
A former high school teacher is suing an Ohio school district, accusing them of discriminating against a very rare fear that she has.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the story:
Maria Waltherr-Willard retired after 35 years teaching high school foreign languages, forced, she says, by the extreme anxiety of being moved to Mariemont, Ohio’s junior high. Waltherr-Willard is pedophobic – she’s scared of little children.
The district says there just wasn’t a position for her at the high school anymore, but Waltherr-Willard says they’re violating the Americans with Disabilities Act. Former teacher Carolyn Lunt doesn’t buy the diagnosis.
(Lunt) “I cannot see that there would be that much difference between high school and middle school, having taught all ages.”
Waltherr-Willard says she had a deal with the district to stay in the high school after a move to an elementary school triggered her anxiety in 1997.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.