- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 2 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
NY Set To Pass Tough Gun Law
New York makes the first move on gun control following the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Rappoport reports:
Exactly one month after the shooting that left 20 children and six adults dead:
(Cuomo) “I am seeking a ban of assault weapons now. I am seeking a ban of magazines over seven.”
Democratic Governor Andrew Cuomo says lawmakers are ready to pass what they call the toughest gun control legislation in the nation.
The bill would also restrict gun sales and require reporting mentally ill people who threaten to use guns illegally.
(Cuomo) “People who have mental health issues shouldn’t have guns.”
But critics worry the measure will infringe on Second Amendment rights.
In New York, Steve Rappoport, FOX News Radio.
Editor’s Note: The proposal passed the State Senate 43 to 18, and passage is likely in the Democratic-led Assembly later today.