- Deer Tick DangersPosted 1 day ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 3 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 3 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 3 days ago
NY Set To Pass Tough Gun Law
New York makes the first move on gun control following the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Rappoport reports:
Exactly one month after the shooting that left 20 children and six adults dead:
(Cuomo) “I am seeking a ban of assault weapons now. I am seeking a ban of magazines over seven.”
Democratic Governor Andrew Cuomo says lawmakers are ready to pass what they call the toughest gun control legislation in the nation.
The bill would also restrict gun sales and require reporting mentally ill people who threaten to use guns illegally.
(Cuomo) “People who have mental health issues shouldn’t have guns.”
But critics worry the measure will infringe on Second Amendment rights.
In New York, Steve Rappoport, FOX News Radio.
Editor’s Note: The proposal passed the State Senate 43 to 18, and passage is likely in the Democratic-led Assembly later today.