- Could Cyber Crime Happen To You?Posted 14 hours ago
- Survey Reveals More Parents Requesting To Delay Vaccinations For KidsPosted 15 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music Legend Aaron TippinPosted 20 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Health Care Workers Fired for Refusing Flu Shot
Despite the early and hard-hitting flu season, not everyone wants a flu shot. It’s a decision that is costing some hospital employees their jobs.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports:
With widespread flu in 47 states, it’s a mantra for doctors:
(Dr. Patti) “Right now, if you don’t have a vaccine, you should definitely get out there and get it.”
…Dr. Ernest Patti, head of emergency at St. Barnabas Hospital in New York, which is now under a statewide Public Health Emergency. But in four states, at least 15 nurses and other hospital staffers have been fired for refusing the flu shot themselves, even though patients have the right to refuse it. Some other hospital employees have resigned.
At least one lawsuit filed by a labor union, challenging a mandatory vaccination policy and its penalties in Rhode Island.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.