- Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying On Congress’ Computer NetworkPosted 10 hours ago
- AFMW: Jim DeMint: ‘Falling In Love With America Again’Posted 12 hours ago
- House Cat Attacks! Owner Calls 911Posted 13 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Health Care Workers Fired for Refusing Flu Shot
Despite the early and hard-hitting flu season, not everyone wants a flu shot. It’s a decision that is costing some hospital employees their jobs.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports:
With widespread flu in 47 states, it’s a mantra for doctors:
(Dr. Patti) “Right now, if you don’t have a vaccine, you should definitely get out there and get it.”
…Dr. Ernest Patti, head of emergency at St. Barnabas Hospital in New York, which is now under a statewide Public Health Emergency. But in four states, at least 15 nurses and other hospital staffers have been fired for refusing the flu shot themselves, even though patients have the right to refuse it. Some other hospital employees have resigned.
At least one lawsuit filed by a labor union, challenging a mandatory vaccination policy and its penalties in Rhode Island.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.