- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 2 days ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 3 days ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Health Care Workers Fired for Refusing Flu Shot
Despite the early and hard-hitting flu season, not everyone wants a flu shot. It’s a decision that is costing some hospital employees their jobs.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports:
With widespread flu in 47 states, it’s a mantra for doctors:
(Dr. Patti) “Right now, if you don’t have a vaccine, you should definitely get out there and get it.”
…Dr. Ernest Patti, head of emergency at St. Barnabas Hospital in New York, which is now under a statewide Public Health Emergency. But in four states, at least 15 nurses and other hospital staffers have been fired for refusing the flu shot themselves, even though patients have the right to refuse it. Some other hospital employees have resigned.
At least one lawsuit filed by a labor union, challenging a mandatory vaccination policy and its penalties in Rhode Island.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.