- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 17 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 2 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Teacher Talks CA HS Gunman Into Surrender, 1 Wounded
In another episode of school violence, a student at a California high school opened fire on classmates Thursday, wounding one before staff members managed to talk him into putting the gun down.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood says a student walked into his classroom at Taft High with a shotgun, targeted one student – who is now in critical condition. He said another student’s name, targeted him, but missed. The teacher got the other kids out of the room.
(Youngblood) “He engaged the student, or the suspect, in conversation. A campus supervisor showed up, was outside the classroom. And together, they engaged in conversation with this young man, and at one point, he put the shotgun down.”
The sheriff says the suspect and a victim had a conversation earlier this morning, and they’re investigating whether bullying was involved.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.