- Hillary: “You Won’t Get Me To Talk About Keystone”Posted 20 mins ago
- Legal Lis: Seattle Seahawks Attempting to Trademark The Number 12, The Word ‘Boom’ And MorePosted 1 hour ago
- President Obama Drops Proposal To Cut Tax Breaks For College Savings Plans [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- Valentine’s Day Special: Adopt A Cockroach For Your ExPosted 22 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Sending Your Ex-Spouse Off With A BangPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
IL Lottery Winner Died Of Cyanide Poisoning
An Illinois lottery winner’s body might be exhumed now that his accidental death has been reclassified as homicide.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports from Chicago:
Urooj Khan, who owned a number of dry cleaning stores in Chicago, stopped at a convenience store last July to pick up a lottery ticket.
He won $1 million, collected his winnings, and died a day later. It appeared to be due to natural causes, the narrowing and hardening of coronary arteries. But a relative didn’t buy it and asked for a more thorough exam.
A thorough toxicology test included all the major drugs of use , common prescription drugs and, just in case, strychnine and cyanide.
A positive came up for cyanide. Cook County medical examiner Stephen Cina saying…
(Cina) “It’s more common in fictional literature than it is in real life. Cases do pop up but, generally, cyanide poisonings in the United States are pretty unusual.”
Chicago police are now investigating.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.