- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 17 hours ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 18 hours ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 19 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 4 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Al Gore’s Current TV Sold to Al-Jazeera
The owner is probably better known than the television channel he just sold. Current TV has been sold to Al-Jazeera.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
It’s a channel that was started by, among others, former Vice President Al Gore. It once featured Keith Olbermann and more recently the former Governor of New York.
(Spitzer) “This is Eliot Spitzer, to see more Viewpoint, go to current.com/getcurrent…”
Current TV hasn’t found a lot of space available in the cable TV universe. Now it’s been sold to Al-Jazeera, the news service bankrolled by the government of Qatar has been trying to grow its U.S. audience. Even Current TV’s limited reach into 50 million homes has the potential to improve that.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.