- VIRAL VIDEOS: John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014Posted 8 mins ago
- Tales Of Black Friday ShoppersPosted 38 mins ago
- FOX Country: Jake Owen’s Humbling BalladPosted 1 hour ago
- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 23 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 1 day ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 2 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 7 days ago
Al Gore’s Current TV Sold to Al-Jazeera
The owner is probably better known than the television channel he just sold. Current TV has been sold to Al-Jazeera.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
It’s a channel that was started by, among others, former Vice President Al Gore. It once featured Keith Olbermann and more recently the former Governor of New York.
(Spitzer) “This is Eliot Spitzer, to see more Viewpoint, go to current.com/getcurrent…”
Current TV hasn’t found a lot of space available in the cable TV universe. Now it’s been sold to Al-Jazeera, the news service bankrolled by the government of Qatar has been trying to grow its U.S. audience. Even Current TV’s limited reach into 50 million homes has the potential to improve that.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.