- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 2 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Al Gore’s Current TV Sold to Al-Jazeera
The owner is probably better known than the television channel he just sold. Current TV has been sold to Al-Jazeera.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
It’s a channel that was started by, among others, former Vice President Al Gore. It once featured Keith Olbermann and more recently the former Governor of New York.
(Spitzer) “This is Eliot Spitzer, to see more Viewpoint, go to current.com/getcurrent…”
Current TV hasn’t found a lot of space available in the cable TV universe. Now it’s been sold to Al-Jazeera, the news service bankrolled by the government of Qatar has been trying to grow its U.S. audience. Even Current TV’s limited reach into 50 million homes has the potential to improve that.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.