- Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying On Congress’ Computer NetworkPosted 11 hours ago
- AFMW: Jim DeMint: ‘Falling In Love With America Again’Posted 13 hours ago
- House Cat Attacks! Owner Calls 911Posted 14 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Fired For Flu Shot Refusal
Fired for not getting a flu shot? An Indiana hospital gets tough on employees, firing eight workers who refused to get the shot.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
(Gingerich) “I am not a troublemaker. I feel like I’m a good nurse.”
But Joyce Gingerich is no longer working at IU Health Goshen Hospital in Indiana, among eight workers fired for refusing to get flu shots.
Nurse Sue Schrock’s reasons?:
(Schrock) “They are biblical. That they are God led. And they’re who I am.”
But the hospital rejected her religious exemption request under the new policy.
She has other objections too:
(Schrock) “It’s a toxin that I don’t want in my body. There are side effects with that. There are no guarantees that it’s even going to protect you.”
The hospital says mandatory flu shots are aimed at protecting patients with compromised immune systems.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.