- Could Cyber Crime Happen To You?Posted 2 hours ago
- Survey Reveals More Parents Requesting To Delay Vaccinations For KidsPosted 3 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music Legend Aaron TippinPosted 7 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Fired For Flu Shot Refusal
Fired for not getting a flu shot? An Indiana hospital gets tough on employees, firing eight workers who refused to get the shot.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
(Gingerich) “I am not a troublemaker. I feel like I’m a good nurse.”
But Joyce Gingerich is no longer working at IU Health Goshen Hospital in Indiana, among eight workers fired for refusing to get flu shots.
Nurse Sue Schrock’s reasons?:
(Schrock) “They are biblical. That they are God led. And they’re who I am.”
But the hospital rejected her religious exemption request under the new policy.
She has other objections too:
(Schrock) “It’s a toxin that I don’t want in my body. There are side effects with that. There are no guarantees that it’s even going to protect you.”
The hospital says mandatory flu shots are aimed at protecting patients with compromised immune systems.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.