- Updated: Tornado Strikes Near Oklahoma City (Live Coverage 10am ET)Posted 54 mins ago
- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 5 hours ago
- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 17 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 18 hours ago
- Military Sex AbusePosted 20 hours ago
- Suburban Poverty GrowingPosted 20 hours ago
- Record-Breaking Ferris Wheel RidePosted 21 hours ago
Air Travel Safety Improving
If you travel, it’s good to remind yourself just how far air safety has come, and how safe it is today.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
The new year is a safer year in air travel. The proof is the last 12 months. The number of fatal crashes was down worldwide. There hasn’t been a fatal accident on a U.S. airliner in more than two years. Equipment has improved, so have regulations. There have been improvements in air-traffic control, in safety rules governing regional airlines and in pilot training.
More can still be done, but the next generation of air-traffic control gear and procedures should bring an additional safety edge on line.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.