- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of December 13thPosted 2 hours ago
- CDC Report Shows Flu Vaccine BenefitsPosted 3 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Who Is Keeping Tabs On Your Cell Phone?Posted 1 day ago
- Securing America: NSA Director Defends Data CollectionPosted 1 day ago
- Bullet Points: Do It Yourself Duct Tape HolsterPosted 2 days ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 5 months ago
Air Travel Safety Improving
If you travel, it’s good to remind yourself just how far air safety has come, and how safe it is today.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
The new year is a safer year in air travel. The proof is the last 12 months. The number of fatal crashes was down worldwide. There hasn’t been a fatal accident on a U.S. airliner in more than two years. Equipment has improved, so have regulations. There have been improvements in air-traffic control, in safety rules governing regional airlines and in pilot training.
More can still be done, but the next generation of air-traffic control gear and procedures should bring an additional safety edge on line.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.