- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 18 hours ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 3 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 4 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
No Deal Yet To Fix Fiscal Cliff [VIDEO]
With the economy just hours away from going over the fiscal cliff, Democrats and Republicans still haven’t bridged the divide over their differences.
FOX News Radio’s Rich Johnson reports from Washington:
After a very busy Sunday, negotiators are back at it.
(Reid) “There are a number of issues on which the two sides are still apart. But negotiations are continuing as I speak.”
The update on the Senate floor from Democratic leader Harry Reid. But not every Democrat is ready to go along.
(Harkin) “No deal is better than a bad deal, and this looks like a very bad deal the way this is shapin’ up.”
Iowa Democrat Tom Harkin later he hinted to reporters he might filibuster a fiscal cliff deal he doesn’t like.
In Washington, Rich Johnson, FOX News Radio.
President Obama spoke Monday about the fiscal cliff and progress of a possible deal.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
(Obama) “They are close, but they’re not there yet.”
President Obama on word a deal is progressing that would raise taxes on couples earning over $450,000 a year and extend unemployment insurance, among other things. The hang up over shutting off automatic spending cuts from the sequester agreement. The President insists that includes more taxes, not just spending cuts elsewhere.
(Obama) “If they think that’s going to be the formula for how we solve this thing, then they’ve got another thing coming.”
Iowa Democratic Senator Tom Harkin, not happy with the deal, says it’d be better to go over the cliff.
(Harkin) “So to go back to the tax provisions that we had under Bill Clinton doesn’t frighten me one bit.”
And some Republicans grumble they’re not hearing about any spending cuts in this deal.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
WATCH for more on the fiscal cliff: