- Malaysia Airlines Mystery: Stolen Passports Eyed In Missing Plane Investigation [VIDEO]Posted 7 mins ago
- FOX Wheels: America’s Big Pothole ProblemPosted 3 hours ago
- Securing America: IED Protection [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 3 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 4 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
2 NY Firefighters Shot, Killed at House Fire
UPDATE: Another victim’s remains, believed to be those of the gunman’s sister, were found in Spengler’s burned home.
Two firefighters are dead and two more were wounded when a gunman opened fire on crews arriving to fight a house fire in suburban Rochester, New York. With bullets flying, the firefighters had to retreat, allowing the fire to spread and destroy a total of seven homes.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports:
An early morning fire at a Webster, New York home, on the shore of Lake Ontario, was intentionally set, police say, by a 62-year-old man laying in wait for first responders to arrive. When they did, this was heard on dispatch radios:
(Scanner Transmission) “We are being shot at. Multiple firemen down. Multiple firemen shot.”
William Spengler opened fire, killing two firefighters and badly wounding two others. Police say they aren’t sure of a motive, but Spenger carries a lengthy criminal history, including serving 17 years for the manslaughter death of his grandmother.
Spengler did exchange gunfire with police, but is said to have died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.