- Pollino’s Guide To Holiday Movies (And Oscar Buzz): A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 4 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014Posted 5 hours ago
- Tales Of Black Friday ShoppersPosted 5 hours ago
- FOX Country: Jake Owen’s Humbling BalladPosted 6 hours ago
- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 1 day ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 1 day ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 2 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
2 NY Firefighters Shot, Killed at House Fire
UPDATE: Another victim’s remains, believed to be those of the gunman’s sister, were found in Spengler’s burned home.
Two firefighters are dead and two more were wounded when a gunman opened fire on crews arriving to fight a house fire in suburban Rochester, New York. With bullets flying, the firefighters had to retreat, allowing the fire to spread and destroy a total of seven homes.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports:
An early morning fire at a Webster, New York home, on the shore of Lake Ontario, was intentionally set, police say, by a 62-year-old man laying in wait for first responders to arrive. When they did, this was heard on dispatch radios:
(Scanner Transmission) “We are being shot at. Multiple firemen down. Multiple firemen shot.”
William Spengler opened fire, killing two firefighters and badly wounding two others. Police say they aren’t sure of a motive, but Spenger carries a lengthy criminal history, including serving 17 years for the manslaughter death of his grandmother.
Spengler did exchange gunfire with police, but is said to have died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.