- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 15 hours ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 17 hours ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 19 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
White House To Make Gun Control Announcement
In the wake of the Newtown massacre, President Obama today is expected to make an announcement about gun control.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Knight reports:
The White House says the President Obama and Vice President Biden will both come to the press briefing room to announce that the Vice President will oversee efforts to come up with new gun control policies. Aides caution that no major policy announcement is expected, just details about the administration’s decision-making process.
Unlike after other mass shootings, there are indications that public opinion is shifting in favor of more gun control. One poll shows 57% favor tighter controls, up from 39% last April.
A Gallup poll in October a year ago found that, for the first time,53% were against a ban on assault rifles and semiautomatic weapons.
Steve Knight, Fox News Radio.