- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 19 hours ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 2 days ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
SC Gov. Appoints Rep. Tim Scott To Fill Senate Seat
With South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint announcing he will be leaving office in January to take over as the President of the Heritage Foundation, Governor Nikki Haley has the task of tapping his replacement – and she’s chosen to make history with her pick.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington:
The Republican Governor says freshman Congressman Tim Scott has earned a spot in the Senate.
(Haley) “He earned this seat for the results he has shown. He earned this seat for what I know he is going to do.”
During his first term in Congress, Scott has positioned himself as a Tea Party favorite.
(Scott) “I learned early in my 20’s, that if you have a problem with spending, there’s not enough revenue to make up for it.”
Scott will become the first African-American Republican in the Senate since the 1970’s and the first from the South since reconstruction.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.