- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 15 hours ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Obama, Boehner Meet As Fiscal Cliff Fodder Continues [VIDEO]
President Obama and House Speaker John Boehner sat down at the White House on Thursday for what officials from both sides have called a “frank” meeting.
FOX News Radio White House Correspondent Mike Majchrowitz reports:
The President and Speaker Boehner spent about 50 minutes together in their hastily-called meeting. We understand it was the White House that called for this face-to-face session, even though just a few hours earlier, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney was downplaying the lack of a meeting in recent days.
(Carney) “You guys seem to think that a physical meeting is the elixir to all our ills.”
Had they not called this meeting, it would likely have been next week at the earliest before the two men could meet, as Speaker Boehner is expected to go back to Ohio for the weekend.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
The public finger-pointing ratchets up on Capitol Hill as the march toward the so-called ‘Fiscal Cliff’ continues.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington DC:
Eighteen days and counting until tax rates go up for every taxpayer, and the state of play, still stalled.
Boehner: “It’s clear the President is not serious about cutting spending, but spending is the problem.”
Armed with new charts, but a familiar message, House Speaker John Boehner reiterating his argument raising taxes on the wealthy will hurt the economy.
Reid: “Speaker Boehner can’t ignore the American people forever. At some point, reality should set in.”
Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid citing polls that show support for tax increases on the rich. President Obama, this afternoon, describing negotiations as a work in progress.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the fiscal cliff: