- US Seeks To Normalize Relations With CubaPosted 6 hours ago
- American Alan Gross Released From Cuba After 5 Years In Prison [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Pistol Packin’ Wait Staff?Posted 14 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 15 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Calls to Release Marine Veteran Jailed in Mexico [VIDEO]
Members of Congress are starting to pressure the Mexican government to ensure the safe and timely release of a U.S. Marine veteran from Florida being held in a Mexican prison on what’s claimed to be exaggerated firearms charges.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports from Miami:
Twenty-two members of Congress are now pushing to pressure Mexico to free Marine veteran Jon Hammar from Miami, who was jailed when trying to cross the border and declaring his hunting rifle. His mother Olivia says he’s being mistreated by jail gangs as well as prosecutors.
Hammar: “He is tough. A lesser person would have pleaded guilty because they have brought him in, without counsel, to the courts and harassed him, and told him ‘you need to just plead guilty’ and he said, ‘I’m not doing it.'”
Hammar is 27, and served in both Afghanistan and Iraq.
In Miami, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.
Watch the VIDEO below for more on this story: