- Air Bag Recall Expands To 7.8 Million VehiclesPosted 18 hours ago
- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 20 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 22 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Calculator Predicts Obesity Risk At Birth
An online calculator can predict a baby’s risk of childhood obesity.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports:
It doesn’t cost anything or require any lab tests. Imperial College in London coming up with an online assessment that can tell if a newborn will become obese during childhood. It’s based on a baby’s birth weight, the parent’s body mass index, which can also be calculated online, and weighs other factors including the mother’s professional background and whether she smoked during pregnancy. The formula, developed from studies that followed thousands of children in Finland, Italy and the U.S. as far back as 1986. The test does ask for birth weight in kilograms. That’s about two pounds.
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.