- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu Addresses Congress [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton’s State Department Email Habits Under FirePosted 21 hours ago
- AFMW: Frankie Ballard, Country Music Singer / SongwriterPosted 22 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Calculator Predicts Obesity Risk At Birth
An online calculator can predict a baby’s risk of childhood obesity.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports:
It doesn’t cost anything or require any lab tests. Imperial College in London coming up with an online assessment that can tell if a newborn will become obese during childhood. It’s based on a baby’s birth weight, the parent’s body mass index, which can also be calculated online, and weighs other factors including the mother’s professional background and whether she smoked during pregnancy. The formula, developed from studies that followed thousands of children in Finland, Italy and the U.S. as far back as 1986. The test does ask for birth weight in kilograms. That’s about two pounds.
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.