- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay ScoutsPosted 8 hours ago
- IRS Scandal: Lerner Placed On LeavePosted 8 hours ago
- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 10 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 11 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 11 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 15 hours ago
Calculator Predicts Obesity Risk At Birth
An online calculator can predict a baby’s risk of childhood obesity.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports:
It doesn’t cost anything or require any lab tests. Imperial College in London coming up with an online assessment that can tell if a newborn will become obese during childhood. It’s based on a baby’s birth weight, the parent’s body mass index, which can also be calculated online, and weighs other factors including the mother’s professional background and whether she smoked during pregnancy. The formula, developed from studies that followed thousands of children in Finland, Italy and the U.S. as far back as 1986. The test does ask for birth weight in kilograms. That’s about two pounds.
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.