- Final Push For Potential Nuclear Deal With Iran [VIDEO]Posted 1 hour ago
- NSA Considered Ending Phone Surveillance Program?Posted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: Becki Newton & Zachary Knighton of FOX’s "Weird Loners"Posted 2 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Social Media Enters Fiscal Cliff Debate [VIDEO]
Both sides say they think a deal can be done, but lawmakers in Washington are digging in on how to avoid the fiscal cliff and now, social media is being brought into the battle.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from the White House:
House Speaker John Boehner describes himself as a glass half full kind of guy, saying Republicans have done their part putting some revenue hikes on the table.
(Boehner) “But it’s time for the President and Democrats to get serious about the spending problem that our country has.”
Boehner also says his party won’t budge on raising tax rates for anybody. But here at the White House, there’s more pressure on tax hikes for the wealthy.
(Obama) “Call your members of Congress. Write them an email. Post it on their Facebook walls. You can tweet it.”
President Obama urging supporters to take to social media, using the hash tag #My2K, a reference to the $2,000 tax increase the average family could see without a fiscal cliff deal.
At the White House, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
WATCH for more on the fiscal cliff: