- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 6 hours ago
- The Pope Blasts Vatican Bureaucracy in Christmas MessagePosted 6 hours ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 12 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 4 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 6 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Record Powerball Jackpot Pushes Sales
Wednesday’s Powerball drawing has a record jackpot: an estimated $500 million. Of course, at 1-in-175,000,000, your odds of winning the jackpot are worse than your odds of winning an Oscar. But that’s not stopping people from dreaming…dreaming really big.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig reports:
If you’ve got a half-billion dollars just laying around, what exactly do you do with it?
(Powerball Hopefuls) “I think I’d have to keep working to be sane, you know?”//”Definitely buy a house. Definitely buy a decent car.”
…Or a couple hundred Aston Martin One-77s, each with a price tag of a cool $2 million. If you want to make a lot of friends, you could always splurge on iPads – more than 850,000 of them. Hand them out to your entire town. Or better yet, just buy a town. Toomsboro, Georgia sold this year for just $2.5 million.
The previous record jackpot, $365 million, shared by eight Nebraska coworkers. That’s just over $45 million each.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.