- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 14 hours ago
- California Governor Orders Mandatory Water ReductionsPosted 15 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 21 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Study: Unemployment Raises Risk of Heart Attack
With the unemployment rate still high, a new study in the latest Archives of Internal Medicine gives even more bad news to those who are out of work.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has details:
Being unemployed increases your risk of a heart attack by 22%. That’s the findings of a study by researchers at Duke University. Participants with at least four job losses over the nearly 20-year study were at 60% greater risk.
(Dr. Frid) “Losing a job is a very stressful event.”
Cleveland Clinic Dr. David Frid says more research is still needed to isolate factors, such as whether the job loss was voluntary.
(Dr. Frid) “We need to evaluate what about losing a job is specifically bad for a person. Is it the fact that they lose control of other risk factors? Or is it just the stress themselves?”
The loss of health insurance is another factor being investigated.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.