- Deer Tick DangersPosted 1 day ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 3 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 3 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 3 days ago
Black Thursday? Workers Fight Thanksgiving Hours [VIDEO]
Workers at some large retailers are angry that Black Friday is becoming Black Thursday, and they’re working to try to get customers on their side as they fight Thanksgiving shopping hours.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Labor organizers are urging Walmart workers to strike, and some participated in a video called “Why Are We Standing Up To Live Better?” It’s not just because they have to work on Thanksgiving.
(Walmart Employee) “Because I’m 52-years-old, and I can’t afford my own apartment on what I make at Walmart.”
Walmart’s responded by filing a complaint with the National Labor Relations Board. Casey Sinclair works at Target and says she was disgusted by their 9pm start time on Thanksgiving. She’s gathered over 350,000 signatures, but that’s as far as she’ll go.
(Sinclair) “Walking out is really going to hurt them as a company, and I wouldn’t want to see that. I do value Target, I enjoy working there.”
She says Target has told her they asked employees about working Thanksgiving, but she says she was never asked.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.
WATCH the “Why Are We Standing Up to Live Better?” video, posted by YouTube user OURWalmart: