- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 19 hours ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 21 hours ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 23 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
MN Mom Gets Jail For Daughter’s Diaper Punishment
It’s not something you see every day: A girl with a diaper and shaved head running around a neighborhood. But that’s just what happened in suburban Minneapolis.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports:
A 12-year old girl fails a class. So, her mother shaves her daughter’s head and forces her to run outside wearing only a diaper and tank top. Neighbors say the girl was crying hysterically.
Stephanie Broten calls it punishment. A judge says it’s an assault on the girl’s dignity. The Fridley, Minnesota mother has to spend the next three months behind bars.
The 12-year-old is now living with her father:
(Father) “She’s going to be happy now that she knows that she can’t be hurt anymore.”
Broten’s boyfriend has pleaded guilty to having a role in the punishment and hitting his stepdaughter repeatedly in the legs with a belt back in 2010. He’ll be sentenced next week.
Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.