- Australia Foils Terror Plot, Sends Troops To The Middle East In Fight Against ISIS [VIDEO]Posted 15 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The Clintons Look To Save Senate DemocratsPosted 19 hours ago
- It’s That Time Of Year Again… Flu SeasonPosted 20 hours ago
- Legal Lis: What’s the Next Step in the Adrian Peterson Child Injury Case?Posted 21 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
CA Stations Start Selling Fuel Made of Algae
Would you fill up your gas tank with algae? You can if you want to test out a new kind of fuel in California.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports:
It’s biodiesel, made with 20% algae.
(Horton) “We’re actually giving customers the opportunity to put algae-derived biodiesel in their vehicles.”
Matt Horton heads up a month-long trial program at gas stations in the San Francisco Bay area. The algae fuel comes from a company called Solazyme. Vice President Robert Ames says this stuff is truly “green.”
(Ames) “There’s a 30% reduction in particulate, 20% reduction in carbon monoxide and a 10% reduction in total hydrocarbons.”
This driver was willing to give it a try in his truck.
(CA Driver) “I’ve run corn oil in this thing.”
The algae fuel will work in any vehicle that runs on diesel.
Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio.