- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 2 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 10 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 11 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 day ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
CA Stations Start Selling Fuel Made of Algae
Would you fill up your gas tank with algae? You can if you want to test out a new kind of fuel in California.
FOX News Radio’s Hank Weinbloom reports:
It’s biodiesel, made with 20% algae.
(Horton) “We’re actually giving customers the opportunity to put algae-derived biodiesel in their vehicles.”
Matt Horton heads up a month-long trial program at gas stations in the San Francisco Bay area. The algae fuel comes from a company called Solazyme. Vice President Robert Ames says this stuff is truly “green.”
(Ames) “There’s a 30% reduction in particulate, 20% reduction in carbon monoxide and a 10% reduction in total hydrocarbons.”
This driver was willing to give it a try in his truck.
(CA Driver) “I’ve run corn oil in this thing.”
The algae fuel will work in any vehicle that runs on diesel.
Hank Weinbloom, FOX News Radio.