- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 58 mins ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 20 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 1 day ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Court Ends NC New Year’s Possum Drop [VIDEO]
In New York’s Times Square, they drop the ball every New Year’s Eve at midnight. A small North Carolina town has had a traditional New Year’s Eve drop, as well…but their ceremony may be going by the wayside.
FOX News Radio’s Kerin McCue explains:
It’s been a unique way, to say the least, of ringing in the New Year in tiny Brasstown, North Carolina. The “possum drop,” where the live marsupials are suspended in a see-through box draped in tinsel that’s lowered to the ground at the stroke of midnight. The annual event draws up to 3,000 revelers each year.
But the folks at PETA – People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals – objected and took the matter to court, where Judge Fred Morrison ruled in their favor, saying, “Citizens are prohibited from capturing and using wild animals for pets or amusement.” The PETA people are happy, and the possums probably will be, too.
Kerin McCue, FOX News Radio.
WATCH the Brasstown, NC Possum Drop, posted by YouTube user paul3porter: