- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 17 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Court Ends NC New Year’s Possum Drop [VIDEO]
In New York’s Times Square, they drop the ball every New Year’s Eve at midnight. A small North Carolina town has had a traditional New Year’s Eve drop, as well…but their ceremony may be going by the wayside.
FOX News Radio’s Kerin McCue explains:
It’s been a unique way, to say the least, of ringing in the New Year in tiny Brasstown, North Carolina. The “possum drop,” where the live marsupials are suspended in a see-through box draped in tinsel that’s lowered to the ground at the stroke of midnight. The annual event draws up to 3,000 revelers each year.
But the folks at PETA – People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals – objected and took the matter to court, where Judge Fred Morrison ruled in their favor, saying, “Citizens are prohibited from capturing and using wild animals for pets or amusement.” The PETA people are happy, and the possums probably will be, too.
Kerin McCue, FOX News Radio.
WATCH the Brasstown, NC Possum Drop, posted by YouTube user paul3porter: