- Secret Service Director Julia Pierson ResignsPosted 13 hours ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 22 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Loughner To Be Sentenced For Tucson Shooting
Today is sentencing day for the man who pleaded guilty in the Arizona shooting that killed six people and wounded a others, including former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Knight reports:
Giffords and her husband will attend the hearing, but it’s unclear if they will be among victims or family members who who will speak. Giffords is one of the victims who welcomed the plea deal for Jared Lee Loughner. It spares them the ordeal of a trial and puts Loughner in prison for life.
After the shooting, Loughner was diagnosed with schizophrenia. His court-appointed psychologist said that Loughner was competent to plead guilty but is severely mentally ill.
Steve Knight, FOX News Radio.