- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 8 hours ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 10 hours ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 12 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 20 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Last Jobs Report Before Election
More Americans went back to work in October than expected, but unemployment rose a bit in the last jobs report before the election.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington:
The jobless rate ticked up slightly from 7.8% to 7.9%, but the Labor Department points to a surge in people looking for work.
U.S. employers added 171,000 jobs last month and hiring over the previous two months was stronger than first reported.
Since July the economy has averaged 173,000 new jobs per month, that’s more than twice the rate in the Spring.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.