- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 1 day ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 3 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 3 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 4 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Teacher Charged With Hiring Hitman to Kill Colleague [VIDEO]
A high school social studies teacher in Florida will be held in jail to await trial on charges he tried hiring a hitman to kill a former colleague.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports from Miami:
A judge in Tampa says high school teacher James Pepe will stay in jail now that he’s heard a telephone call in which he tried to hire someone to kill fellow teacher Robert Meredith.
(Phone Recording) “What do you want done with Bob Meredith?”//”I want him killed.”//”Alright.”
The supposed hitman was working with police. Pepe says Meredith was spreading rumors about him. Prosecutors want him off the streets.
(Prosecutor) “It is the state’s belief that the defendant be held at a “No Bond” status, in order to ensure the safety of both the victim and society at large.”
Pepe’s been teaching since 1984.
In Miami, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on this teacher’s charges: