- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay ScoutsPosted 8 hours ago
- IRS Scandal: Lerner Placed On LeavePosted 8 hours ago
- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 11 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 11 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 11 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 15 hours ago
CO Man Awarded Millions in Microwave Popcorn Lawsuit
A man who really enjoyed his microwave popcorn has won a multi-million dollar lawsuit in Colorado over that easily-identifiable aroma from the snack.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
He says he was diagnosed with a respiratory ailment known as “popcorn lung.” Wayne Watson of Centennial, Colorado says he would eat two or three bags of microwave popcorn a day, and that packages of it should have included a label saying the artificial, butter smell can be a health hazard.
Attorneys representing three food companies claimed Watson’s breathing trouble was more likely caused by the years he worked with carpet-cleaning chemicals. A Federal jury sided with Watson, awarding him more than $7 million dollars. At least one of the defendants says it will appeal.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.