CO Man Awarded Millions in Microwave Popcorn Lawsuit

    Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponEmail this to someone

    A man who really enjoyed his microwave popcorn has won a multi-million dollar lawsuit in Colorado over that easily-identifiable aroma from the snack.

    FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:

    Audio clip:

    He says he was diagnosed with a respiratory ailment known as “popcorn lung.”  Wayne Watson of Centennial, Colorado says he would eat two or three bags of microwave popcorn a day, and that packages of it should have included a label saying the artificial, butter smell can be a health hazard.

    Attorneys representing three food companies claimed Watson’s breathing trouble was more likely caused by the years he worked with carpet-cleaning chemicals.  A Federal jury sided with Watson, awarding him more than $7 million dollars.  At least one of the defendants says it will appeal.

    Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.