- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 2 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 3 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 3 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 7 hours ago
- Rating The Best and Worst AirlinesPosted 7 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: American Cancer Society Turns 100Posted 13 hours ago
U.S. Kids Lag Behind In Writing
U.S. students are getting a failing grade when it comes to writing.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
Just a quarter of eighth and 12th graders in the country have solid writing skills, according to the results of a national exam. Just 24% able to turn out essays that were well developed, organized and had proper grammar even when they’re allowed to use spell check and other computer tools. It is however the first computerized version of the National Assessment of Educational Progress which was previously written in pencil, and a member of the test’s advisory panel pointing out; research shows most students don’t compose at the keyboard.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.