- A Chilling Warning From ISIS Released in an Audio StatementPosted 21 mins ago
- Securing America: Breach At 1600 Pennsylvania Ave [VIDEO]Posted 4 hours ago
- Mission To Mars: Maven Reaches Red PlanetPosted 4 hours ago
- FOX Wheels: Think Your Kids Are Strapped In Properly? Think Again.Posted 6 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
U.S. Kids Lag Behind In Writing
U.S. students are getting a failing grade when it comes to writing.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
Just a quarter of eighth and 12th graders in the country have solid writing skills, according to the results of a national exam. Just 24% able to turn out essays that were well developed, organized and had proper grammar even when they’re allowed to use spell check and other computer tools. It is however the first computerized version of the National Assessment of Educational Progress which was previously written in pencil, and a member of the test’s advisory panel pointing out; research shows most students don’t compose at the keyboard.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.