- Lois Lerner Opens-Up About IRS Scandal [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- A Chilling Warning From ISIS Released in an Audio StatementPosted 6 hours ago
- Securing America: Breach At 1600 Pennsylvania Ave [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Securing America: Keeping U.S. Embassies Safe [VIDEO]
Anti-American protests have spread across the Middle East. What can be done to secure U.S. embassies and consulates in this volatile region?
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports:
Gil Torrez, a former FBI agent that has has spent time in different U.S. embassies saying there are many ways that security is taken into consideration.
(Torrez) “We have many many embassies around the world so each one has a different threat level assessments are made, so you know the State Department is heavily involved in this.”
After the attacks in the 1980’s in Beirut, Lebanon against U.S. Marines and the U.S. embassy. The embassy is now outside the city ringed with fences and multi-layers of protection. So too is the U.S. embassy in Sanaa, Yemen. The U.S. embassy in Baghdad, Iraq is the largest and most expensive at a cost of over $500 million dollars.
Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.
WATCH to learn more on the U.S. embassy attacks: